What will United get in return for De Gea?
All signs point towards our Spanish hero David De Gea
leaving United to go back to Madrid in the coming weeks. It seems to be a
matter of when, not if he leaves.
So, what should United try to get in return for Big Dave?
First of all, I think we could end up being VERY
disappointed with the amount of money Real will offer for him. With just one
year remaining on his contract, his value is much lower than what his quality deserves.
So a transfer fee may not be the way to go.
If possible, I’d like to see United using De Gea as some
form of bargaining tool for one of their players. For example Karim Benzema. If
we could swap De Gea and maybe a bit of cash along with that for the French
forward, I’d feel a slight twinge of comfort from what would be a desperately
sad departure. The same goes for someone like Raphael Varane, although I feel
this one is much less likely to happen.
The best possible outcome of De Gea leaving is if we could
somehow get Gareth Bale in return. But, this simply isn’t going to happen. I
don’t think Bale will want to leave this year, and what’s more I’d be amazed if
Real want to let him go as well.
So, I can’t really see any way in which De Gea leaving could
be a positive. If United can’t find a suitable replacement for Dave, I’d keep
him until his contract runs out and get another year out of him. With a fee of
£13 million being thrown about, it’s hardly worth losing a world-class player
for!
We’ll have to wait and see what will happen with his one,
but I’ve got next to no hope of De Gea staying for any longer than one more
season. To be honest, I’ve got very little hope of him staying for longer than
a few weeks.
Who could replace De Gea at United? Here’s a list of 5
potential replacements: http://manchesterunitedview.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/top-5-de-gea-replacements.html
Let us know what you think we’ll get for De Gea, and who you’d
like to see replace him at Old Trafford in the comments or on Twitter
@ViewUnited.
Comments
Post a Comment